Hello Crabi Candidate
Crabi is a startup Tapatía (we’re from Guadalajara) and we’re committed to creating a great car insurance experience. We want our customers and their beloved ones to feel safe behind the wheel, with a digital insurance company that got their backs. We want to change what it means to have car insurance.
We’re on the hunt for what we like to call an Authentic Team Player: hands-on, pushing their team to grow, energetic from zero to launch, back, and to the moon.
Your mission will be to create from scratch, maintain and improve on the platform, tooling and systems that ensure Crabi’s engine works smoothly. Scalability, observability and constant improvement is what we expect to bring for our daily operations. Sometimes it will be just a matter of tidying up the house, some others we may need to shore up the house and rehaul the pillars and structural walls of our platform, everything while everyone is still living inside!
Your team is passionate about using technology for building scalable and enjoyable solutions; autonomous by nature, you will own your involvement, development, and continuous transformation of work, tools, and mind: Growth Never Stops!
What you’ll achieve
- Propose, design, implement and improve cloud-based solutions that meet Crabi’s services needs.
- Create, configure and provision infrastructure resources following Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Design and implement pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery, having in mind that business and software needs, just like your own experience, grow overtime.
- Identify those tedious tasks that fill your day with unglorified work, and work your way through automating it.
- Maintain infrastructure and service daily operation smoothly. This means you will work on implementing monitoring and tools and configurations required to make it happen.
- Things will go wrong. When that happens, your knowledge and skills will bring things back up and running smoothly.
- Evangelize your team, other engineering teams and the company overall on DevOps culture, best practices and working as one tight, well-calibrated machine.
- Learning. You will get lots of these.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience working as a cloud engineer or DevOps engineer
- Good experience working with any major cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) using both administration console and CLI tools.
- Familiarity working with Docker at any level.
- Familiarity with any CI tool, such as Jenkins, GitLabCI, Bitbucket pipelines or any other.
- Great scripting skills with any language (Bash, Python, Ruby, JS)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Terraform.
- Good experience working with orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Ability to interact with cloud SDK to write scripts and tools that interact with cloud providers.
- Experience writing pipelines in GitHub Actions.
- Troubleshooting experience working with Kubernetes, Terraform and Google Cloud
- Programming experience with Python, Ruby or JS at any level.
- Open to Remote work
- Flexible Hours
- Food coupons
- Free books
- Savings fund
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- 15% on car Insurance