Vp of Technologyredwoodadmin
Hello Crabi Candidate
Crabi is the first officially authorized neo-insurer in Mexico. We are a 100% product startup, owners of our product and Technology. That’s why we have the unique opportunity to transform the insurance industry. Crabi is the only one that CAN reshape the industry.
We know that the insurance industry that everybody knows has a traditional model, it’s unfair and complicated. At Crabi, we want to completely reimagine what it looks like in the future, starting with personalized car insurance, technological claim experience, and augmented underwriting, building data models to augmented rating & building AI systems, achieving our moonshot of crabi market opportunity of millions of users.
Crabi wants to be an integrator, give an awesome customer experience integrating technology in the main interactions with our users. You´ll be responsible for evaluating, design and build a scalable software architecture efficient and resilient for deployment. Leveraging existing and emerging technology to create radically scalable, reliable, and innovative solutions for a company experiencing hyper-growth & Influence the company´s engineering culture.
What you will achieve
- Lead a team of Engineers across technology stacks and roles
- You´ll be able to build the logic of the business, the infrastructure, and the interactions with our users.
- Responsible for understanding and defining what’s the core piece of our platform. Evaluate, design, maintain and support our core technology, understand our business logic into what we are building.
- Design and build core technology using the technologies that crabi needs to scale including container-based infrastructure and related technologies, GCP-based infrastructure in a way that improves delivery of new functionality.
- Manage tech debt, to achieve release goals and move faster.
- Review, audit, and provide mentorship to engineers on best practices for efficient, consistent, and scalable software developments.
- Optimize collaboration between the Product team, stakeholders, and the Engineering Team to ensure we build the right things and build things right.
- Ability to deal with pressure, reduce conflict, and help others to learn new skills and innovate.
- Communicate and train Engineers in software best practices, architectural principles, design patterns, and effective software development principles.
- Evaluate new technologies, leading proofs-of-concept for expected use cases to facilitate the decision-making process and further scalability.
Technical knowledge and Skills needed:
- +8 years in mature knowledge/experience with building software architecture,
- Strong experience with application development microservices and related technologies.
- Strong experience with highly scalable technology, emerging infrastructure technologies such as containers, etc.
- Experience in an engineering challenge in the fintech market
- Mainly logic-driven
- Experience in the financial, fintech, insure-tech industry a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Open to Remote work in LATAM
- Flexible Hours
- Food coupons
- Free books
- Savings fund
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- 15 days of PTO
- 15% discount on crabi car Insurance